Monday, October 12, 2009

One Step Closer, in Christchurch New Zealand


As I sit here in Christchurch New Zealand in the late night hours I am thinking ahead about a journey that began began days ago in Denver. After 2 days of HR and safety training in Colorado my group of about 50 future co-workers and I await for the final leg of our voyage, to the 7th continent, Antarctica, affectionately known as "The Ice". I'll be spending about 5 months working as a Passenger Service Representative coordinating everyones movement to, from, and within The Ice.



This morning we were issued our Extreme Cold Weather gear (ECW) and briefed on some important items at the International Antarctic Center.

I was scheduled to deploy down tomorrow but due to bad weather conditions at The Ice there is a bit of a delay and so I'll be spending another day in this beautiful city. Somewhat disappointed, all is not lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment